2016年11月13日 星期日

Christina Perry - the most underated singer


Christina Perri - Distance f.t Jason Mars


    Some of you may have heard of  "a thousand years", the theme song of twilight. But many people don't know it was written and sung by Christina Perri. Christina was born on the east side of US in 1986 and then moved to Los Angeles, married and making music videos for the living. However, she divorced 18 months later. Depressed and lonely, she moved back home to heal, in which she wrote Jar of Hearts.

    Soon she got better and moved back to Los Angeles, waitressing at Cafe during the day and recording at night. In 2010, her friend sent Jar of Hearts to a snow choreographer. After the exposure on the show, Jar of Hearts peaked at number 17 on hot 100 and sold 100000 copies within a month. Then she signed a deal with Atlantic Records on July 21, 2010 and published two albums after.

    I believed the divorce has a great impact on her writing style, for the lyrics she wrote are the most beautiful I've ever seen and best describe the bittersweet, hope and pain in a relationship. In Jar of Hearts, " You're gonna catch a cold. From the ice inside you soul. So don't come back for me. Don't come back at all." the lyrics say a hurt man's roar to the old lover. 
    
    In Human,"I can hold my breath. I can bite my tongue. I can stay awake for days if that's what you want. Be your number one. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it. But I'm only human. And I bleed when I fall down. I'm only human. And I crash and I break down. Your words in my head, knives in my heart. You build me up and then I fall apart. 'Cause I'm only human, yeah" it describes the powerless when the two of you have different thought. With her soft and mature voice, these songs accompanied me through my hard time. So, if you have some bad mood and need to release some pressure, you can check the videos below. 
    Despite she has made some house-hold songs, her name is still not well-known. Christina Perri is currently working on her third album and I personally hope it will catch people's attention and give her the honor she deserves.
    Friendly warning: Don't listen to her songs when someone around you if you don't want them to see you cry.


Jar of Hearts
human
a thousand years


reference resource: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christina_Perri
    

1 則留言:

  1. "A thousand years" was really a popular song in the times in senior high school.
    by 陳允恩

    回覆刪除